First of all, congratulations on your acceptance to Butler University! We are very excited to welcome you to the Class of 2017. Now that you’ve been admitted, you’re probably starting to wonder what you should be doing next. Just know that we’re here to help! We’ve come up with a short list to get you started:
- Attend an admitted student event. We offer a variety of events including academic days, basketball games, regional receptions, and more. Whatever you choose, we have the perfect visit for you. You can register for these events via the emails we send you or by logging onto your student status page.
- Submit your deposit. By submitting your deposit, you guarantee your spot in the freshmen class. Deposits are fully refundable until May 1. Visit our admitted student page for more information and directions on submitting your deposit.
- Visit campus. If you’ve never been to Butler before, you’re really missing out. We strongly encourage admitted students who haven’t been to campus to visit this spring. We offer individual visits and True Blue days to help you make an informed decision. Once you get to campus, you’ll fall in love!
- Select an Early New Student Registration date. Once you’ve submitted your deposit, you can select which Early New Student Registration date you would like to attend. Registering early allows you to meet with an academic advisor to discuss course options and schedule, meet classmates in a small group setting and get your college photo ID.
- Start thinking about housing options. Your housing information and contract will be sent once your enrollment deposit has been received. Residence hall choices: First-year men live in Ross Hall; first-year women may select either Ross Hall (co-ed) or Schwitzer Hall (all women). Transfer and international students have additional options. Roommate matches are made based on personal preferences students select on the housing contract (including things like, “Are you an early riser or a night owl?” “Do you study to music or in complete silence?”) Housing and roommate assignments will be mailed in July.
- Send in your final transcript. Arrange to have all of your final academic transcripts sent to the Office of Admission at the end of the school year with your date of graduation posted. If you are taking AP exams, have your scores sent to Butler University.
Still have questions? Feel free to contact your admission counselor. We’re excited to see you on campus this spring and permanently this fall!