We realize that it isn’t December 15 yet and you have not received your admission decision. However, it’s never too early to start thinking about financial aid. We’ve created a helpful checklist for you to get a head start on financial aid:
- Did you know that you are eligible for academic scholarships just for applying to Butler University? Award amounts range from $6,000 to $16,000 and vary each academic year based on the quality of the applicant pool. You will receive your scholarship amount approximately two weeks following your admission decision.
- File your Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1. (Estimate the required tax information if your tax forms are still incomplete.) You must complete the FAFSA by March 1. Keep a photocopy for your records.
- If you haven’t already, start researching outside scholarship opportunities. Search for outside scholarships on Zinch.com, Cappex.com, scholarships.com, fastweb.com and more!
- On March 15, we send out the Financial Aid Notification package. This includes the types and amounts of financial aid for which you qualify, the cost of attendance and your expected family contribution.
- If your family’s financial circumstances have changed significantly since you submitted the FAFSA, contact financial aid immediately.
- If your financial aid application is selected for verification, the school will require you to submit additional documentation, such as signed copies of your W-2 statement, tax returns and 1099 forms. The federal government selects 30% of the FAFSAs for verification.
- Finally, decide which school you want to attend and accept the offer (hopefully ours). We’ll show you how to do this when the time comes!
Be sure to check your email for updates from financial aid! If you have questions anytime throughout this process, please feel free to contact our Office of Financial Aid at (877) 940-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter if that is easier for you!