Between the college application process (which is different for every college or university you apply to) and the day you move into your dorm, people will tell you a lot of things about what college is really like. Every school is unique and is experienced differently by each individual. That’s why some of our current freshmen wanted to share a few application tips and what they wished they would have known about the application process with you:
- Ask a teacher to read over your essays, in my experience they were more then willing to do this and extremely helpful! – Abby
- Maintain your grades during senior year. It is not a time to slack off. I know of a few people who decided to coast during their senior year and weren’t able to get into the college of their choice. -Justin
- Get your applications done early and keep track of important dates! This made senior year so much better because I had free time and everyone else was worrying about essays and applications. -Brandon
- Don’t wait until April to start looking for outside scholarships. There is so much money to be had out there, and you can’t wait for it to come to you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help! Parents and Teachers can be very helpful, especially when it comes essay time. -Laura
- Visit every campus you might be interested in attending. After all, you’ll be there for four years so you want to make sure that you like it! -Katie