You’ve made it, you’re a senior! Only 8 more months (or 9 for some) until you graduate. It’s an exciting time in your life. It’s also time to get started on the college application process. Before you let senioritis get the best of you, be prepared to put some effort into applying to college.
This month, it is important that you:
- Start filling out those applications! It’s free to apply online at Butler and we also accept the Common Application.
- Ask for letters of recommendations. Make sure your recommendations are from current teachers, coaches and supervisors. Provide each person with a resume and let them know the reason you want to attend the universities you are applying to.
- Begin writing your personal statement. (Butler also accepts graded essays.)
- Make a list of colleges you want to visit and visit them!
- Register for the ACT, SAT or SAT subject tests if necessary. Remember, Butler uses superscores so only retake those test areas in which you need the most improvement.
- Don’t let senioritis get you down! Most colleges and universities require your mid-year and final grades.
Here are also some important dates to remind you about regarding the application process:
Admission Program Applications Postmarked By
Early Action November 1st
Regular Decision February 1st
Rolling Admission After February 1st