When describing Butler University to those who are unfamiliar with our campus, students and programs, we like to say that we are a medium-sized school with all the benefits of a large university. The question we hear most often is, “What makes you so different from all the other colleges and universities out there?” Our reply, “Where do we start?”
- Butler is one university with six academic colleges and over 60 majors, so there’s plenty to choose from.
- Butler University has a 93% success rate upon graduation. (99% in the College of Education and 97% in the College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences.)
- You may have heard that we have a basketball team. In fact, the Butler men’s basketball team is one of only ten teams to compete in back-to-back national championship games.
- Historic Hinkle Fieldhouse is an Indiana landmark. Built in 1928 and featured in the movie Hoosiers, it is the sixth-oldest college basketball arena still in use.
- We are located in Indianapolis, the 12th largest city in the nation. Indy, is home to professional and amateur sports, shopping, museums, world-class restaurants and so much more.
- With over 140 student organizations and clubs on campus, there is something for everyone.
- Butler was ranked as the 2nd best university in the Regional Universities Midwest category of the 2011 U.S. News & World Report America’s Best Colleges.
- Butler was ranked as the No. 1 “Up-and-Coming” institution among Regional Universities Midwest, and one of 68 nationwide.
- We offer small classes with a student-faculty ratio of 11:1.
- There are no teaching assistants (TA’s) used at Butler.
We know that we can’t capture all of our unique characteristics in just one post, so if you have more to add please feel free to comment below!