What I really mean is, Mexican restaurants and how much I love them.
Within about two miles of my apartment are not one, not two, not five, but seven Mexican restaurants. They are:
– Qdoba (yes, I’m counting Qdoba)
– Taco Bell (yep!)
– The Red Burrito (?)
Okay I know these aren’t as authentic as they could be, but I know all of them are delicious. See, I’m not complaining at all about the sheer density of Mexican restaurants around where I live. I am thrilled.
I love Mexican food more than is probably healthy. If there’s ever any question of “what should we do for dinner?” or “what are you craving?” it’s usually burritos. 99% of the time it’s burritos (the rest of the 1% is tacos).
I didn’t know about all of these restaurants when we picked out these apartments, but I will say I’m more than happy to try all of them out. So far, I’ve been to all of them except for Maya. Maya has a small parking lot so I shun it. (Okay I’ll confess: I ate Hardee’s and not Mexican at the Hardee’s/Red Burrito, so sue me.)
In all seriousness, Friaco’s has the best chorizo + queso dip I’ve ever had and really excellent chimichangas. Mexico City Grill has amazing decor and a delicious Mexican pizza. I highly recommend both of those places!
Here’s Kass and me at Friaco’s. Sorry for the awkward image quality, we took the picture with a potato.