Blue 2 ’ RSS feed

About Me:

Hello! I’m Blue2, the official mascot of Butler University. Just thinking back off the top of my furry head, some of the obvious things that come to mind are my appearances at Butler sporting events. Whether it's leading the football team onto the field, greeting the starters on the basketball court, doing my "tricks" during a timeout at center court, or serving as the halftime entertainment at a soccer match where I displayed my own soccer techniques, those are all great instances where I steal the show. Of course, there's more than athletic events, there's also the performing arts. I've been a part of the limelight at several events such as YMCA Geneva Stunts, YMCA Spring Sing and JCFA's REJOICE! where the students sang "Blue Christmas" and I came out on stage riding a sleigh with Santa Claus. I also make appearances at university/campus events for University Advancement, Admissions, Student Affairs, and much more. Basically, I do it all. If you are on campus, be sure to stop by my office and bring me some treats!

Check us out on Facebook Follow us on Twitter! Butler's YouTube Channel Chat with a Student

Blue 2

A Day in the Life

As promised, here’s a run-down of my typical day…

7:00-7:15 a.m. – My parents get up and out of bed…I don’t move.

a.m. – My dad literally picks me up out of bed and sets me on the
floor. I then do my best to try and wake up and open my eyes. From
there, I groggily make my way through the house, (usually I try to
detour towards my bed in the living room) to the garage and in the car.
There’s lots of eye blinking and blank stares during this process.

a.m. – On the 7-10 minute drive to work, I typically just sit in the
front passenger seat of the car and just stare out the front window and
shut my eyes a lot. If I’m really tired, I’ll just climb back to the
back seat and put off the reality of having to wake up and face the
world. (Note: On weekends, I can be asleep by 9 p.m. and still have to
be woken up by 11:30 a.m. the next day. I’m that good.)

a.m. – Time to make my way into to work. This is where I take care of
business, if you know what I mean. From there, it’s on into Jordan Hall
and down to the office.

8:35-9:00 a.m. – I get my work day
started by making my rounds through the office. I go visit people, look
for some good rub-downs, massages, and any handouts. Once I see who has
reported for duty, etc., I head back to the office I share with my dad
and I see if dad has put out my food and water. Sometimes I dig in
right away and sometimes I save it for later…depends on what time I ate
the night before and how I’m feeling.

-11:30 a.m. – This timeframe can involve a number of things, most
likely of which includes napping. I also like to bark at my co-workers
until they are forced to play with me, shred boxes, go “potty,” show
off for visitors and students, etc. By lunch time I’m usually starting
to wake up.

11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – My dad takes his lunch hour
sometime within this two hour period so whatever he does usually
dictates what I do. Sometimes I just hang out in the office with him as
he eats at his desk. If he goes to workout at the HRC, sometimes I join
him there or I might stay back, and there are times when we get to go
run errands like visit the bank and such.

1:30-5 p.m. – More
sleeping, barking, playing, visits from students, faculty & staff,
and at least one more potty break. Also, more meetings with colleagues
as you can see by Kyle Smith and I discussing some paperwork below.
It’s a dog’s life!

5 p.m. – 7 p.m. – HRC
time. Most days my dad heads back over to the HRC for another workout.
I’m cool with the HRC. They have a cage behind the control desk for me
to hang out at, and I have toys and a water bowl stashed there as well.
Depending how much I slept that afternoon determines my mood there. My
favorite part about the HRC is getting to go on laundry runs with the
student workers. I love that elevator! It’s like magic. To have legs
like mine and be able to skip the stairs is pure bliss.

7-8 p.m.
– Dinner time at the Kaltenmark residence. If it’s a tough day, then I
crash on the living room floor or on my bed. If I’m hungry, I’ll see if
anything falls on the kitchen floor while they cook.

8-9 p.m. –
I try to squeeze one last play time from my parents. Lots of barking,
dragging my blanket and toys around the living room, etc.

p.m. til bedtime – I am sound asleep in the living room, either on the
couch, my bed or on the floor. My parents have to turn up the TV to
drown out my snoring. Just before bed, they’ll do their best to wake me
and get me to go potty one last time. It’s a chore for them and me.
After that, my dad lifts me up on the bed and the rest is
history…another day in the books.

I guess that pretty much sums it all up. It might sound kind of boring, but remember, I’m a dog. Not bad, huh?

One Response to A Day in the Life

  1. Eric says:

    That is such an adorable dog!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>