Happy Wednesday! Finals are next week, so naturally everyone is freaking out. I do get really stressed about school, but if I try really hard, I can manage my stress. I thought I would share some of my expert stress managing tips with you to get through finals week!
1. Make a to-do list. Think of the best thing that you have ever done and how it felt. Crossing things off your to-do list is approximately two times better. Write down everything that you have to get done (I like to put the most pressing issues towards the top) and then enjoy the immense satisfaction of crossing them off as you finish each task. Writing everything out helps sort things out in your brain, making it easier to get stuff done.
2. Take it one task at a time. Having a to-do list helps with this. It is really easy to freak out about everything you have to accomplish if you look at everything as a whole blob of stuff to get done. Take it one project, paper, or reading at a time and it makes everything more manageable and less daunting.
3. Take breaks. Even though you feel like you have no time to even breathe without simultaneously studying in some way, you will lose your mind if you do not take a break. After staring at one assignment for hours, your brain will become fried faster than an egg on a sidewalk on a hot day! Give yourself short little breaks in which you take a walk outside, chat with some friends, or do something to get away from being stationary and alone. You will come back from your break feeling recharged and ready to conquer the world!!!
4. Have some chocolate. This is my favorite of all of the stress relieving tips. Science has proven that chocolate diminishes the levels of stress hormones, so instead of freaking out about everything, take a few deep breaths and eat a candy bar. It really helps!
5. Keep calm and think of how good your life is compared to Snooki’s. This needs no further explanation.
Have a great rest of the week, stay calm, and thanks for reading