Happy Wednesday everyone! Through my time surfing the Internet on sites such as Tumblr and Pinterest, I have noticed a common theme amongst things that teenage girls reblog or repin. Most of the things I see consist of an overly dramatic quote placed on top of an overly edited, completely insignificant photograph. I assume some of you know what I am talking about, but for those of you that don’t, let us take a look at some examples.
1. Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want. What a poetic and completely selfless statement, brilliantly executed through this photo of a girl in cowboy boots, casually scratching her ankle and staring at the ground. Maybe she dropped some loose change and is looking at that, because it is what she wants. And you know what, she deserves it.
2. Don’t forget who you are. But in case you do, draw a heart and delicately place your feet around the edge. Make sure you position your feet so they are slightly pigeon-toed, because that’s quirky and unique. It will also remind you of who you are, obviously.
3. Sometimes, you have to be your own hero. A truer statement has never been spoken, I’m sure of it. Just ask Hercules; he was a hero. Nothing says heroism quite like a girl uncomfortably touching her head, casually staring at an empty road. This screams hero and independence for days!
4. They’ll judge you anyway, but this girl doesn’t mind. She’s doing her. Making such a goofy face, throwing her hands in the air like she just don’t care. She’s in a super secret looking location, but she’s just loving life, so it doesn’t matter where she is or who she’s with. Sorry friend in the striped shirt in the corner of the photo, but you didn’t quite make the cut. Your facial expression probably didn’t express just how goofy and fun loving you are, quite like your friend’s does. And don’t mind the fact that the writing covering up her eyes makes her anonymous, making judging her impossible anyway, because if you were to judge her, she wouldn’t care.
5. Five ways to wear a sexy dress. Casually lounging on a white floor in a room with white walls is the sexiest way I know how to look in a super hot dress. Her facial expression is slightly confused and not alluring in the least bit, but that is what makes it so sexy, no? Her hair is also perfectly coiffed without a single hair out of place. Even if she didn’t look too endearing, she is looking so sexy lying on that white floor. You go girl!
Absolutely none of these quotes relate to the photos they are paired with. That last one I found on Yahoo.com, so it is slightly different from the others, but the text did not relate to the picture in any way, so I had to share it. I think all pictures like this are a little ridiculous, and it makes me wonder if people take these seriously. Someone out there is creating them, so the answer is quite obviously yes. Yikes.
Have a great rest of your week, and thanks for reading