Happy Saturday! Admission packets were sent out to the class of 2018 yesterday. Seeing Butler’s twitter account replying to excited potential students got me thinking about why I am so glad I came to Butler.
1. The size. With over 4500 students, Butler is a fairly small school. I love that the farthest walk on campus takes about 20 minutes, and that you consistently see friends to and from classes, and in the library. The size is small enough you easily see your friends, but not so small that you never meet anyone new.
2. The People. I love making new friends. I’ve blogged about it time and time again, but I develop friend crushes on people and randomly approach them, telling them I want to be their friend. That does sound like a weird thing to do (because it is), but I’ve become legitimate friends with each person I’ve randomly approached. Overall, I feel like everyone I’ve encountered at Butler is very friendly and more than willing to gain a new pal.
3. The Art Program. I’m an art + design major, and I can 100 percent seriously and confidently say that majoring in art at Butler University is one of the best decisions I’ve made in my recent life. The way the program blends art and design elements so each student can determine an area of focus is incredible and unlike any other art program I looked at when applying to schools. On top of that, the professors are beyond helpful and I love having them in class. Best of all, the other art majors are some of my greatest buds. We are all equally weird and our brains work in the same strange ways, so we all get along swimmingly.
4. The campus. Butler’s campus is beautiful. The canal runs along campus, and it is always beautiful in the summer and fall. On top of that, the bell tower is a really pretty area, and Holcomb Gardens is one of my top two favorite places on campus. The academic quad and the mall are also really pretty. IT’S ALL SO BEAUTIFUL.
5. The Location. While Butler’s campus is fairly small, it is a matter of miles away from downtown Indianapolis. You can easily cruise downtown for a day of sightseeing, or hit up Broadripple for food. Personally, my favorite aspect of Butler’s location is its walking distance to the Indianapolis Museum of Art.
6. The Opportunities. Since I’ve been at Butler, I’ve learned so much and become involved in so many things. I was given the opportunity to write for this blog, first of all, which ignited my love for writing and encouraged me to minor in creative writing. Through the art program, I’ve become aware of many local art shows and shown (and sold!!!!) work in several. I’ve gotten to dance in front of thousands of people through my performances on dance team, and I’ve gotten involved in many clubs and organizations that I love. Being involved in things that you truly love, while being surrounded by people who love those things as much as you do, is incredibly inspiring.
There are many more reasons I love Butler, but that could take a while. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted, and best of luck making your final decision!
Have a great weekend and thanks for reading