Well, it is now Tuesday, January 8th, and I am pretty much the only soul in East Tennessee that has yet to leave for school once again, meaning I don’t really have anyone to hang out with because all of my friends are either busy at school or work, and I don’t really have many things to do on my own.
I chose not to go through recruitment, or rush, which is starting tomorrow back at Butler. Basically all of my friends are rushing, so I’ll probably be one of the few independents, or non-Greek affiliated students that I am pretty much friends with!
While I will be home for the next few days, I plan on catching up on movies I have yet to watch, seeing family members one last time, and watch the rest of Parks and Recreation. I’m almost caught up for the new season!
Parks and Recreation - The Greatest Show EVER.
Okay, finals week is officially here…….and I’m freaking out. I stayed up until 5AM last night writing and perfecting my final FYS paper, and got up at 8:45 to go eat breakfast with my roommate before I turned my paper in at 9:30. Needless to say, I was exhausted afterwards. I did have a nice talk with my FYS professor from about 9:30 – 10:15, though, and that’s one of the many things I’ve found to really enjoy about being at Butler is the fact that I can just talk to my professors about anything, even things not related to class.
I did end up taking a “nap” from about 10:30AM to 2:30PM today…so I feel a little bit better. I’m studying for my 8AM business final that’s tomorrow, and I’m not really sure if I’m prepared for it or not…
Other than that, I have two finals on Wednesday, and then I am done for the semester. I fly home for the semester break on Thursday, the 14th, and classes don’t start back again until January 14th! I have an entire month off, which I’m not really used to whatsoever. It’ll be a nice break though, and I’m really excited for it! Hopefully I can just get through finals first..
And like the other bloggers said before, we did have our Christmas party on Sunday and it was a BLAST! We made a gingerbread house…and then ate it, of course!
Butler Blogging Christmas Party!
Okay, so this will be the first part of a two part blog that I’ve been planning on doing. This part will consist of just a daily breakdown of how a typical day of my life consists, and how busy/entertaining college actually has been for me.
- 3:49AM – The time I went to bed last night. I know, due to the fact that I sent a text message and fell asleep right after. I stayed up due to a large amount of homework / a presentation I had to finish.
- 8:15AM – My alarm went off. This is the usual time M/W/F. I got up and got in the shower. 8:40AM – I ran to ResCo and get breakfast before class.
- 9:00AM – My FYS class. Today a group consisting of 5 other people in my class and I had to give a 30 slide PowerPoint Presentation over “zombie” economics. Ick. Class was dismissed at 9:49AM; it was snowing as I was on my way to my 10AM PreCalc class!
- I left my PreCalc class and headed back to ResCo to sit with a few of my friends who wanted to eat lunch, and even captured this screenshoot on my phone in order to prove that it was snowing at 11:15AM.
- Proof of the snow. Sort of. It was 70 degrees, yesterday.
- It’s 12:33PM, and I’m getting ready to pack up my stuff and head to my 1PM FBE, or Freshman Business Experience class. After class, I plan on staying over to work with my business group on our business plan for the Top Dawg Business Plan competition, which is what FBE is based around. That probably won’t be finished until about 3:30PMish. Who knows…
- I plan on running to Starbucks around 3:45PM to meet up with a friend, and then back to my room I’d say around 4:15PM to begin studying for an exam I have tomorrow in my Urban Ecology class. There’s a call-out meeting tonight for the BU Ski & Snowboard club at 7pm, I’m going to try to make it to that. And then back to my room to study some more and begin preparing for the other few exams I have this week.
My days are a lot more extensive than that, though. I usually have to fit in working from 5:30-9PM, but I just can’t today. I have so much going on that it’d cause so much stress and pain for the remainder of the week. The second part of this blog post will be a lot more…engaging. I’m hoping I can get to it this week, if not, I’ll have it by the end of the semester. It’s a surprise, though, so I can’t reveal what it is!
Oh, and I’ve had this song on repeat for the past 24 hours. It’s so good. I love both Calvin Harris & Florence Welch. Happy Monday!
It doesn’t seem like fall is, well, fall anymore – it feels like it’s becoming winter very soon. I’ve been bundling up in layers on a daily basis in order to make it through the past few days, which have been excruciatingly cold and windy. Perhaps the wind is a side-effect of Hurricane Sandy, but it’s still been really cold. I mean, come on, today’s “real feel” was at 33….and it doesn’t get THAT cold in Tennessee until at least after Thanksgiving! It’s crazy! At least I’ll be working tonight, so I won’t really have to be outside…especially because it’ll get colder.
- Proof of today’s weather.
Also speaking of Sandy (yes, we are on a first-name basis), it’s so unfortunate to hear about what happened. My thought go out to all of those without power and for their losses. My friends who live in D.C. luckily were able to remain safe, and their classes were canceled on both Monday and Tuesday. I wish Butler would have done that to save me from this cold weather! But in all seriousness, this winter is going to be a challenge for me.
Check out this awesome time-lapse of Hurricane Sandy hitting New York City. Right around 42 seconds the power on the right side of the city goes out. It’s creepy, yet really intriguing.