Happy FRIDAY! The second week of the semester is over now, and everything is pretty much in full swing. I’m really starting to get the hang of all of my classes, too, even though I haven’t gotten all of my books from the bookstore yet (you can buy awesome Butler apparel here that you can’t find in store, too). For the most part I am doing well, too, besides the fact that I’m horrible at foreign languages! My class schedule looks like this, too.
- FYS 102 - Scary Stories - This class is pretty much a continuation of my year-long FYS that’s a part of Butler’s CORE curriculum. It’s pretty philosophical, too, and I really enjoy it.
- LE 263 - Legal Environment of Business – This class is a mix between a history course and a business course (obviously). It’s pretty much the introductory course to business law.
- MA 125 - Business Calculus – Self explanatory. It’s also horrible, too.
- EI 201 - Real Business Experience – In this course I’m responsible to actually create a business and run it for about a month for a chance to make a profit! Any profits that are made are also split to however many people help with the business.
- CN 101 – Beginning Chinese – Self explanatory again. This class is actually really fun. I took Latin in high school and never really got the chance to learn a language that can be spoken, but I have so far. My Chinese name is 柯德威, which means noble power & virtue. In English it’s written like Ke De wei.
That’s it for not. While thinking back on these first two weeks of the second semester, it’s really making me miss the first two weeks of the first semester. Welcome Week was by far one of the best weeks of my life, and I had so much fun. In honor of Welcome Week, I found this video on YouTube posted by the Office of Admission and it’s a variety of film clips from Welcome Week that’s getting me really excited for the Class of 2017! Check it out!
This is it – the last few weeks of the semester. It’s really strange to think about. It’s all been a whirlwind, truly, because it feels like just yesterday was move-in day. I’m feeling really nostalgic, yet really anxious at the same time; I’m not necessarily ready for this semester to end, but I’m more than ready for next semester to begin.
You see, I’m not one for routines. Or structure, for that matter. I enjoy being spontaneous, and this semester isn’t really that spontaneous to me. That’s why I guess I’ve hopped onto “the struggle bus.” I’m moreover stuck in the stage of B+ to A-/A range, and that’s how I’m struggling. I want more than anything to make As, yet I’m struggling to maintain the few point differences between to the two! I didn’t even take high school as seriously as I’m taking college, which makes me know that I could’ve done much better in high school. Oh well.
Oh, and today’s November 1st! Fun fact – a year ago today is when I submitted my Early Action application to Butler, and guess what? It paid off! It’s also family weekend this weekend, but mine isn’t coming up due to the drive (7ish hours) and the fact that they’ll be making the drive once again for Thanksgiving. Neither really necessarily help with my nostalgic feelings currently, but it’s nice to reminisce from time to time! I’ll use this weekend to catch up on school work and movies on Netflix while all of my friends are out with their families!
My roommate Layne, my friend Jensey, two SOGs, and myself at the Play Fair during Welcome Week. Nostalgia at its finest.
Like Andre posted before, The Price is Right is coming to Butler next month, and I couldn’t be any more EXCITED! It’s cheesy, but The Price is Right brings back so many good memories of when I was back home and how my grandmother and I always talked about how we were going to be on the show one day. Although she’s back in Tennessee and won’t be able to come up for it, my friends and I got floor seats courtesy of SGA! I certainly plan on calling her while the show is going on so she knows what exactly is happening, even if she is watching!
A group of friends and I plan on coordinating what we’re wearing, which will probably be just jeans and shirts we got from welcome week that say B(U) Welcome Week 2012 just so we all match. Look for us in the crowd; there will be about 10 of us, and I’m sure we’ll be going crazy even if we don’t get picked to be a part of one of the games!