As everyone knows, college students carry the stereotype as being “broke college students.” Well, I have proven this stereotype to be true to all of the guys in my unit when my roommate practically almost shaved my head last Tuesday. I never got the chance to blog about it due to the chaotic week I had last week, which is why I practically fell off the side of the earth!
Anyways, my roommate shaved my head in the community bathroom of my unit for the second time on Tuesday. He cut my hair last time, too, and he actually did a pretty good job! Here’s what was left of my hair prior to cutting it….
- The evidence of what was left…
Unfortunately, it was 15 degrees Wednesday morning…so walking around with no hair was miserable. I was so cold, and the little hair I had left was frozen! It was cold, but I feel like my hair looks a lot nicer when it’s shorter.
Well, as a newly Indiana resident as of this year, I can now (like everyone else on campus) that Indiana weather is seriously insane. I thought that Tennessee weather was crazy, going from 20 one day to 50 the next, but that’s the case here. Today the weather was SO nice, but unfortunately I couldn’t take advantage of it. I had too much homework and other responsibilities, but hopefully spring will be coming around soon!
The weather has been getting me fairly upset recently, though. I’ve really been missing sunshine and sunny weather and everything that is summer. Last week when it was in the upper-50s, I took advantage of it and even wore shorts! There were a good amount of people wearing shorts and spring clothing on campus today, and someone was even laying out on the mall studying. I decided it was a great opportunity for a photo-op, too, so here is a photo of the mystery student.
The student is to the right, just lounging out on the mall.
Now that Labor Day has come and gone, fall is FINALLY here! It’s also come a lot sooner in Indy than it would if I were back in Tennessee-that’s for certain. I woke up this this morning and was shocked when I saw that it was 52 degrees at 8:30…but I’m loving it! Fall is my favorite season of the year, and it’s absolutely the BEST time to visit campus! The first time I visited Butler was last October, and as soon as I arrived on campus I knew that I would spend my next four years here…and here I am! Today I’m wearing jeans and a thermal and I feel so comfortable/warm; I almost just want to curl up and watch a movie instead of going to my next class!
Speaking of classes- I’m loving my classes and class schedule. This is what my week looks like for the most part:
- FYS : Scary Stories – The Metaphor of a Zombie. - Yes, my FYS, which part of Butler’s CORE Curriculum, is about Zombies, but it’s also so much more at the same time. The class is very philosophical which is difficult to understand unless you’re actually in the class. I’m glad to be with the group of people I am with in the class as well as having such an awesome professor! This class will probably be talked about a lot in future posts just because it keeps me always questioning things & on the edge of my seat.
- NW: Urban Ecology - This class is about the ecology of not only Butler but also the entire city of Indianapolis (which is really interesting once analyzed). Everything we do in the lecture part of class we always follow up with a hands-on lab, and so far we’ve explored the city of Indianapolis and the Holcomb Gardens and I’ve only had the lab twice! This class also part of Butler’s CORE curriculum.
- Algebra - Okay, so as part of the College of Business I’m only required to take Business Calculus….if I had tested into it. So my algebra class is basically a preparatory class and I’ll take Business Calculus next semester.
- EI 101 : Freshman Business Experience - This is my favorite class by far not only because it’s a business class but it’s also the introduction to my major-once they finalize it-Entrepreneurship & Innovation. The class is very team-oriented and I’ve met a lot of people with similar interests that I have in the class, which is what college is about, right?
That’s all of my classes for the semester. It might not seem like much, but it is 14 hours and my adviser and I felt that 14 hours was a good amount for my first semester of college.
There’s a lot of stuff happening on campus lately. This past Friday my friends and I attended the Chiddy Bang show at Clowes which was a BLAST! My friend Whitney and I got separated from the rest of our group, but we ended up sitting in the very middle of the eighth row so getting separated wasn’t that big of a deal for me at least.
Chiddy Bang really knows how to put on a show!
There’s a lot more stuff going on campus soon, but I’m gonna save that for another post because I have to run to class. Have a great day, everyone, and I hope the weather is as enjoyable where you are as it is here on campus!
Tagged: butler university, campus life, chiddy bang, classes, clowes, clowes memorial hall, cob, college of business, CORE, entrepreneurship and innovation, fall, indianapolis, sweater weather, zombies