This past week has been, well, interesting – to say the least. Classes are back in full swing after a relaxing spring break, and with the NCAA March Madness coming to an end for the Butler men’s basketball team, well, it’s pretty much back to the real world for now. With basketball gone and school going full-force after spring break, I’ve pretty much left my productivity somewhere that is unknown, and I haven’t been able to find it. All I want to do lately is sleep and relax, but I guess that’s just because it was the first week back from spring break.
Snow..........it just now finally stopped!
Speaking of things “MIA,” has anyone seen the season of spring around anywhere? Butler received 6 inches of snow last night alone, and more fell pretty much all day until about 3PM today. Let alone classes weren’t canceled, which I was fairly bitter about when I first woke up this morning. The campus really looks its best in the snow, I will admit. It’s so picturesque, and I honestly feel like everything looks fake! The snow makes for me wanting to be even less productive as is, and I just want to really get into bed and watch a movie or something, instead of the two papers I have to write as well as the calculus homework I haven’t started yet…Boo. I’m actually going to get started on that and then maybe afterwards I’ll be able to enjoy the snow, and perhaps join a snowball fight that is know to happen on campus, whether it be on the Butler Mall or at one of the residence halls! Hopefully spring will come back, and the weather will warm up again (like it was on Saturday)!
It is now 11:00 PM, and the snow has yet to stop falling. Today was a typical day. I woke up earlier than usual for a presentation for my RBE class for the Butler Bed Buddy, and then gave a presentation. After class I walked to my room and took a nap for about an hour before going to Atherton in order to present the Butler Bed Buddy to passer-byers who were headed to lunch. After which, I went back to my room and laid back down because I wasn’t feeling well. It was a regular day – a Tuesday.
Beginning of all of the snow!
Well, to my surprise, when I woke up around 5 from my second nap (which is slightly sad) there was snow EVERYWHERE, and it hasn’t stopped! The campus is covered in white, and it’s really nice to see because we don’t get that much snow back home! It’s somewhat of a double-edged sword, though – I want more than anything to be out of class tomorrow (and the snow is giving me hope for it), but I also have a peer-editing review session in one of my classes and another review for my business calculus exam on Friday! Either way I’m going to be glad that it happened, but hopefully it happens soon and I find out whether or not I need to set my alarm. I love snow days!
I decided earlier in the week that I was going to go back home for the extended weekend. “It’ll be fun! I won’t be able to see anyone until the summer anyways if I don’t go home for spring break!” Well, I’ve gotten myself into quite a mess…..it’s pretty much blizzard-ing where I live right now, and I’m leaving at 8PM tonight to go home…
What my house currently looks like, which isn't so bad...
It just looks like a lot of snow there, but its gotten much worse. The interstate and all main roads are practically shutting down, and I’m not exactly sure how it’s going to look when I get home at about 5AM tomorrow morning.
One of the busiest roads that leads from my house in Knoxville to my high school, which is a disaster currently.
Of course Christmas was a few days ago, but I feel like I’m missing out because all of my fellow bloggers live in the Midwest and I do not, meaning I do not get snow as often as they do….including this past blizzard in Indiana. All it’s been here in Tennessee is dark and dreary with no snow! This is fairly unusual because even last year, with how warm it was, it snowed. This video shows an accurate representation of the difference between how it was snowing in Indiana and actually how it was in Tennessee.
Okay, so I did not shoot this video, but someone was actually on their way to Tennessee and videoed the difference from Indiana and Tennessee. Where I live in Knoxville, it didn’t even snow at all like the video shows so I wish I could have at least seen that!
I’m thinking I may just do my very first vlog in a few days showing what I received for Christmas, so be on the lookout for that!
Okay, so this will be the first part of a two part blog that I’ve been planning on doing. This part will consist of just a daily breakdown of how a typical day of my life consists, and how busy/entertaining college actually has been for me.
- 3:49AM – The time I went to bed last night. I know, due to the fact that I sent a text message and fell asleep right after. I stayed up due to a large amount of homework / a presentation I had to finish.
- 8:15AM – My alarm went off. This is the usual time M/W/F. I got up and got in the shower. 8:40AM – I ran to ResCo and get breakfast before class.
- 9:00AM – My FYS class. Today a group consisting of 5 other people in my class and I had to give a 30 slide PowerPoint Presentation over “zombie” economics. Ick. Class was dismissed at 9:49AM; it was snowing as I was on my way to my 10AM PreCalc class!
- I left my PreCalc class and headed back to ResCo to sit with a few of my friends who wanted to eat lunch, and even captured this screenshoot on my phone in order to prove that it was snowing at 11:15AM.
- Proof of the snow. Sort of. It was 70 degrees, yesterday.
- It’s 12:33PM, and I’m getting ready to pack up my stuff and head to my 1PM FBE, or Freshman Business Experience class. After class, I plan on staying over to work with my business group on our business plan for the Top Dawg Business Plan competition, which is what FBE is based around. That probably won’t be finished until about 3:30PMish. Who knows…
- I plan on running to Starbucks around 3:45PM to meet up with a friend, and then back to my room I’d say around 4:15PM to begin studying for an exam I have tomorrow in my Urban Ecology class. There’s a call-out meeting tonight for the BU Ski & Snowboard club at 7pm, I’m going to try to make it to that. And then back to my room to study some more and begin preparing for the other few exams I have this week.
My days are a lot more extensive than that, though. I usually have to fit in working from 5:30-9PM, but I just can’t today. I have so much going on that it’d cause so much stress and pain for the remainder of the week. The second part of this blog post will be a lot more…engaging. I’m hoping I can get to it this week, if not, I’ll have it by the end of the semester. It’s a surprise, though, so I can’t reveal what it is!
Oh, and I’ve had this song on repeat for the past 24 hours. It’s so good. I love both Calvin Harris & Florence Welch. Happy Monday!