The title of this blog says it all – it’s “crunch time.” There’s ~1 month until my freshman year is over, and it’s all gone by WAY too fast! I cannot believe it, either! It just seemed like I blinked once in September, and here I am in April now. I’m currently in the process of taking my last midterms – 2 today, actually (in Business Law & Business Calculus… ) – and then I’ll be preparing for my final exams!
My classes this semester have definitely been a lot more in-depth & business oriented, which has been great, and I can’t wait to further more into my concentration of International Business! I haven’t taken an IB class yet, but I can’t wait to actually start with it. Speaking of “business oriented,” my business law class has really grown on me a lot this semester. In the beginning, I didn’t really care for it because it seemed more like a history class, but as time has progressed I have really began to pick up interest & try my best to participate even more in class willingly. Hopefully my exams today go well, but I do feel pretty prepared for them so that definitely is a plus! Studying to music has been my best study habit thus far, and I’ve really found myself listening to really up-beat / electronic music in order to study, especially Krewella’s (not de Vil) latest song on repeat. If you haven’t heard of them, listen to this song! They’re from Chicago, and they produce really good music!
Tagged: admission, bulldog, business, butler, calculus, cob, college of business, exams, finals, international, international business, law, university
Okay, finals week is officially here…….and I’m freaking out. I stayed up until 5AM last night writing and perfecting my final FYS paper, and got up at 8:45 to go eat breakfast with my roommate before I turned my paper in at 9:30. Needless to say, I was exhausted afterwards. I did have a nice talk with my FYS professor from about 9:30 – 10:15, though, and that’s one of the many things I’ve found to really enjoy about being at Butler is the fact that I can just talk to my professors about anything, even things not related to class.
I did end up taking a “nap” from about 10:30AM to 2:30PM today…so I feel a little bit better. I’m studying for my 8AM business final that’s tomorrow, and I’m not really sure if I’m prepared for it or not…
Other than that, I have two finals on Wednesday, and then I am done for the semester. I fly home for the semester break on Thursday, the 14th, and classes don’t start back again until January 14th! I have an entire month off, which I’m not really used to whatsoever. It’ll be a nice break though, and I’m really excited for it! Hopefully I can just get through finals first..
And like the other bloggers said before, we did have our Christmas party on Sunday and it was a BLAST! We made a gingerbread house…and then ate it, of course!
Butler Blogging Christmas Party!
It’s hard to believe…but finals week is practically upon us! Today is the last day of classes for the semester, and in all of my classes we’re reviewing for our finals i.e. final paper in my FYS, final exam in my pre-calculus class, and if the team who won the “Top Dawg” Competition from my class win the entire class, my business final is optional! Hopefully that happens, otherwise it will the hardest final I have.
Because it’s the week before finals, the university held a university-wide “stress-less” week, offering a bunch of stress relievers all week, including yoga classes, a camel-petting activity, and an art exhibit as well! I only got to partake in the camel-petting, which the story about that is behind when we had a lock-down several weeks back BUPD’s email autocorrected “canal” to say “camel,” and then it just developed from there…
This song, as well as the entire “xx” album by The xx, is the only thing getting my through studying for finals and finals weeks. Check them out – you won’t be disappointed!
It’s Tuesday night, and I’m sitting in Irwin attempting to write a paper for my FYS and then study for a precalc exam I have on Friday. Today, I completed my final presentation for my Urban Ecology class, and I also completed the last step of the pledge process for Alpha Kappa Psi, which was the fraternal exam. The pledge process has lasted all semester, and initiation is this Sunday!
It’s just incredibly hard for me to handle all of this at once. I can’t believe it’s less than two weeks until finals, and then I’ll be done with my first semester of college. It’s definitely bittersweet – I’m thankful that I’m getting into new classes next semester, but it’s also going to get more in depth for my major(s) (if I ever decide what I want to do within business) and I’ll be going my own direction.
I do plan on doing a vlog this week and uploading it. It’ll be the first one I’ve ever done, so keep an eye out for that! Oh, and if you haven’t seen Rotnei Clarke’s incredible last-second shot of the Butler-Marquette game last week at the Maui Invitational, I’ve uploaded it here as well. It was definitely an incredible shot. Go dawgs!
Okay, so this will be the first part of a two part blog that I’ve been planning on doing. This part will consist of just a daily breakdown of how a typical day of my life consists, and how busy/entertaining college actually has been for me.
- 3:49AM – The time I went to bed last night. I know, due to the fact that I sent a text message and fell asleep right after. I stayed up due to a large amount of homework / a presentation I had to finish.
- 8:15AM – My alarm went off. This is the usual time M/W/F. I got up and got in the shower. 8:40AM – I ran to ResCo and get breakfast before class.
- 9:00AM – My FYS class. Today a group consisting of 5 other people in my class and I had to give a 30 slide PowerPoint Presentation over “zombie” economics. Ick. Class was dismissed at 9:49AM; it was snowing as I was on my way to my 10AM PreCalc class!
- I left my PreCalc class and headed back to ResCo to sit with a few of my friends who wanted to eat lunch, and even captured this screenshoot on my phone in order to prove that it was snowing at 11:15AM.
- Proof of the snow. Sort of. It was 70 degrees, yesterday.
- It’s 12:33PM, and I’m getting ready to pack up my stuff and head to my 1PM FBE, or Freshman Business Experience class. After class, I plan on staying over to work with my business group on our business plan for the Top Dawg Business Plan competition, which is what FBE is based around. That probably won’t be finished until about 3:30PMish. Who knows…
- I plan on running to Starbucks around 3:45PM to meet up with a friend, and then back to my room I’d say around 4:15PM to begin studying for an exam I have tomorrow in my Urban Ecology class. There’s a call-out meeting tonight for the BU Ski & Snowboard club at 7pm, I’m going to try to make it to that. And then back to my room to study some more and begin preparing for the other few exams I have this week.
My days are a lot more extensive than that, though. I usually have to fit in working from 5:30-9PM, but I just can’t today. I have so much going on that it’d cause so much stress and pain for the remainder of the week. The second part of this blog post will be a lot more…engaging. I’m hoping I can get to it this week, if not, I’ll have it by the end of the semester. It’s a surprise, though, so I can’t reveal what it is!
Oh, and I’ve had this song on repeat for the past 24 hours. It’s so good. I love both Calvin Harris & Florence Welch. Happy Monday!