Today was the day that I FINALLY was able to register for next semester. It’s strange that my first semester of college is winding up, though. It’s all felt like one huge blur – but I’m ready for a new, fresh start.
This is a list of my classes for next semester:
- FYS 102: Scary Stories – The Metaphor of a Zombie: This is just a continuation of my FYS that I’m currently taking this semester, which is about zombies. It’s a blast, and I really enjoy my professor and my entire class. It shouldn’t be too different.
- MA 125: Business Calculus: Well, you can guess what this is about…
- EI 201: Real Business Experience: This class is the second part to EI 101 Freshman Business Experience, which is what I’m currently in right now. Most people wait until sophomore year to take this course, but I wanted to get it out of the way this next semester.
- PCA 241: Music in Action: This class is for my Perspective in the Creative Arts credit, which is part of the CORE curriculum at Butler. I don’t know much about it, but I’ll find out soon enough.
- CN 101: Beginning Chinese: Well, yeah. I decided to take Chinese next semester because I think I’ve decided I want to major in International Business, which requires a foreign language. I’ve never been able to speak a foreign language (I took Latin in high school) so this will be really interesting.
- MS 100: Basic Excel: Luckily this course I just take for the month of April due it it being only a one hour course. All business majors have to have excel, and I don’t have to officially until the end of the year!
Well, that’s my schedule. I’m at 17 hours for the semester, and it seems like a lot but I know I can do it. I’m currently taking 14 credit hours now, and it’s not that difficult. Registration might possibly be the most stressful part of college though. Oh well, at least that’s over with!
Day-by-day breakdown of my schedule for next semester. It's not that complicated- I swear!
Now that Labor Day has come and gone, fall is FINALLY here! It’s also come a lot sooner in Indy than it would if I were back in Tennessee-that’s for certain. I woke up this this morning and was shocked when I saw that it was 52 degrees at 8:30…but I’m loving it! Fall is my favorite season of the year, and it’s absolutely the BEST time to visit campus! The first time I visited Butler was last October, and as soon as I arrived on campus I knew that I would spend my next four years here…and here I am! Today I’m wearing jeans and a thermal and I feel so comfortable/warm; I almost just want to curl up and watch a movie instead of going to my next class!
Speaking of classes- I’m loving my classes and class schedule. This is what my week looks like for the most part:
- FYS : Scary Stories – The Metaphor of a Zombie. - Yes, my FYS, which part of Butler’s CORE Curriculum, is about Zombies, but it’s also so much more at the same time. The class is very philosophical which is difficult to understand unless you’re actually in the class. I’m glad to be with the group of people I am with in the class as well as having such an awesome professor! This class will probably be talked about a lot in future posts just because it keeps me always questioning things & on the edge of my seat.
- NW: Urban Ecology - This class is about the ecology of not only Butler but also the entire city of Indianapolis (which is really interesting once analyzed). Everything we do in the lecture part of class we always follow up with a hands-on lab, and so far we’ve explored the city of Indianapolis and the Holcomb Gardens and I’ve only had the lab twice! This class also part of Butler’s CORE curriculum.
- Algebra - Okay, so as part of the College of Business I’m only required to take Business Calculus….if I had tested into it. So my algebra class is basically a preparatory class and I’ll take Business Calculus next semester.
- EI 101 : Freshman Business Experience - This is my favorite class by far not only because it’s a business class but it’s also the introduction to my major-once they finalize it-Entrepreneurship & Innovation. The class is very team-oriented and I’ve met a lot of people with similar interests that I have in the class, which is what college is about, right?
That’s all of my classes for the semester. It might not seem like much, but it is 14 hours and my adviser and I felt that 14 hours was a good amount for my first semester of college.
There’s a lot of stuff happening on campus lately. This past Friday my friends and I attended the Chiddy Bang show at Clowes which was a BLAST! My friend Whitney and I got separated from the rest of our group, but we ended up sitting in the very middle of the eighth row so getting separated wasn’t that big of a deal for me at least.
Chiddy Bang really knows how to put on a show!
There’s a lot more stuff going on campus soon, but I’m gonna save that for another post because I have to run to class. Have a great day, everyone, and I hope the weather is as enjoyable where you are as it is here on campus!
Tagged: butler university, campus life, chiddy bang, classes, clowes, clowes memorial hall, cob, college of business, CORE, entrepreneurship and innovation, fall, indianapolis, sweater weather, zombies