Happy FRIDAY! The second week of the semester is over now, and everything is pretty much in full swing. I’m really starting to get the hang of all of my classes, too, even though I haven’t gotten all of my books from the bookstore yet (you can buy awesome Butler apparel here that you can’t find in store, too). For the most part I am doing well, too, besides the fact that I’m horrible at foreign languages! My class schedule looks like this, too.
- FYS 102 - Scary Stories – This class is pretty much a continuation of my year-long FYS that’s a part of Butler’s CORE curriculum. It’s pretty philosophical, too, and I really enjoy it.
- LE 263 - Legal Environment of Business – This class is a mix between a history course and a business course (obviously). It’s pretty much the introductory course to business law.
- MA 125 - Business Calculus – Self explanatory. It’s also horrible, too.
- EI 201 - Real Business Experience – In this course I’m responsible to actually create a business and run it for about a month for a chance to make a profit! Any profits that are made are also split to however many people help with the business.
- CN 101 – Beginning Chinese – Self explanatory again. This class is actually really fun. I took Latin in high school and never really got the chance to learn a language that can be spoken, but I have so far. My Chinese name is 柯德威, which means noble power & virtue. In English it’s written like Ke De wei.
That’s it for not. While thinking back on these first two weeks of the second semester, it’s really making me miss the first two weeks of the first semester. Welcome Week was by far one of the best weeks of my life, and I had so much fun. In honor of Welcome Week, I found this video on YouTube posted by the Office of Admission and it’s a variety of film clips from Welcome Week that’s getting me really excited for the Class of 2017! Check it out!