1. Academics: Academics are definitely a high priority at Butler, which I think has helped me tremendously in job searching/applying to graduate schools.
2. Opportunities: Going to Butler has given me a ton of opportunities I may not have had going to other schools. For example, I will be interning in Washington, D.C. next semester at the Capitol Building in the Senate all thanks to connections made at Butler.
3. Big City Life: Butler is only a 15 minute drive from downtown Indy and a 10 minute drive from Broad Ripple which means things are always exciting and lively and close to so many things happening in the city!
4. Community Atmosphere: One of the unique things about Butler is that it is small enough so that you know most people on campus but large enough where you don’t ever feel lonely. At times, it seems like one big community on campus.
5. Starbucks: Starbucks being right in the middle of campus has gotten me through a ton of long days
until my flex dollars have run out.
6. Relationships: I’ve made so many friends and met so many new people while being at Butler that I wouldn’t trade for the world! Plus, all of the organizations and clubs on campus have led me to even branch out into the city working with people not on campus and trying new things.
7. Blue 3: Self-explanatory. Just watch this video:
8. Butler Basketball (Bonus): The never disappointing basketball team definitely make campus lively and brings out the school spirit in everyone.
So over fall break I decided to visit my friend Hayley who goes to Loyola in Chicago. We hung around her apartment for a bit and then went shopping at H&M (of course) downtown. It’s funny because I already have an order on its way from H&M already but I just can’t be stopped.
Afterwards we went to a Loyola basketball pep rally for their new season. It was cute I guess but it just didn’t compare to the celebrations we throw at Butler! It was interesting to see how other schools celebrate and to see their gymnasium. Plus I got a free T-Shirt and got to take a picture with their mascot so it ended up being fun!
Being there did make me excited for the Butler basketball season! I can’t wait to be front row in the Dawg Pound to support our Dawgs this year, especially since it’s my last year!
Me and the Loyola mascot.
Friday was Butler’s mascot, Blue‘s, birthday! He turned seven in human years, which is 49 in dog years I think, so he’s getting to be an old little fella! The party for him was held in Starbucks and I’ve never seen it more packed! There were also many prospective students and their parents in attendance. It was definitely a good day to take a tour!
I made sure to force my way to the front of the crowd because I saw the guy from Fox news filming. I never miss an opportunity to be on the news! We all sang happy birthday and participated in eating all the free cookies. There was a contest to guess the correct number of dog treats in a bowl and the winner got a Starbucks gift card.
Blue tried running away twice while we all were singing to him. He’s probably sick of all the paparazzi following him!
Blue and his owner on his big day! He was definitely getting rowdy in his party hat!