Thanksgiving Break is coming up and I have tons of things I want to do but here is my top ten list!
1. Go Black Friday shopping- Last year I got some good deals at Kohls and I plan to do the same too! Maybe this year I’ll go at midnight just to experience the huge crowds!
2. Go see a movie- I’m not sure what movies will be out at that time but I just know I want to see a movie! I hear Thanksgiving is the busiest movie day of the year so I also want to enjoy the crowds then too!
3. Do homework- This isn’t necessarily something I want to do but I know I have to do it since I keep pushing all my projects until then…. So, I might as well make the best of it!
4. EAT- Let’s be honest….. Isn’t this really what Thanksgiving is about!? I’m just going to be so glad to get a home cooked meal for the first time in weeks! I’ll definitely be happy to get a break from Atherton (although I awkwardly like the food there).
5. Spend time with family- It’s pretty self-explanatory but of course I can’t wait to see my family again!!
6. Get a haircut- Usually I get my hair cut every other week but I’ve been prolonging it since I’ll be home Friday to go where I usually get my hair cut! But, let’s just say my hair is currently as long as Kim Kardashian‘s…
7. RELAX- I’m mostly looking forward to doing this for a whole week! I can picture myself in my bed right now……
To get in the Thanksgiving mood, here is a video of people doing the Chicken dance! Though chickens and turkeys aren’t the same thing, a turkey dance doesn’t exist so here’s the next best thing!
Though I am on fall break, I feel like I have so many things I need/want to do! I have two media projects to do, I have to contact sources for stories I have to write, and I have to study for some of my upcoming mid-terms. So, I decided to make a list of all the things students should do to unwind with their families if they are feeling stressed over break like I am!
1. Ride your bike on a cool fall day- This is a great way to enjoy the nature all around and truly relax during your time off.
2. Watch a funny movie with your family- Last night my family watched “Baby Mama” starring Tina Fey and Amy Poehler and it was very funny and definitely brought our family closer!
3. Cook- This one probably does not apply to me because I have the cooking skills of a dolphin but this may also be a way to enjoy your break with your family!
4. Do Homework every day- This may sound like the one thing you would NOT want to do but I’ve come to find that doing a little homework every day is extremely beneficial. I always try to do at least one or two assignments a day just so I won’t be stressed Sunday night trying to do them all.
5. Read a book- Nothing is better can cozying up under a warm blanket while reading a book! Or it does not even have to be a book. This morning when I woke up I read the newspaper. Not only did I feel relaxed but I also learned something from it too! For example, did you know about these ways to save at Starbucks?
6. Dance like no one is watching- I have a theory that everyone has their own little dancing spirit inside of them. Doing this not only gets my mind off of all the things I have to do but it also makes for great exercise. All you need is some good tunes!
7. Hang out with friends- Fall break is the first time I can see most of my high school friends. This weekend I plan to visit some of my friends at Loyola University.
Don’t ask why but this song makes me think of fall! And of course, I dance to it and sing along each time I hear it.
Tomorrow is the last official day of classes so I decided to make a post that’s a list to change things up a bit. I’m making my top ten things I’ll miss about Butler over the summer!
It was hard narrowing it down to ten but here it goes… They’re in no particular order by the way!
1. Seeing Blue in Starbucks on random occasions
2. Seeing all my friends in class
3. All the clubs I’m in, especially College Democrats!
4. Teaches ESL classes on Thursday nights
5. LONNNGGGG walks in Holcomb Gardens
6. Weekly SGA meetings on Wednesdays
7. Collapsing in my bed after classes
8. Randomly Themed Lunches at Resco
9. Waiting in line at Starbucks
10. All the lovely homework given on a daily basis! *cue sarcasm*
Hopefully summer doesn’t go by as fast as the school year did! Now all I have to do is get through finals and then home sweet home here I come!
Random Video of the Day:
I thought this video was too hilarious not to share! It features Butler’s very own President Bobby Fong teaching viewers how to wash their hands.