1. Academics: Academics are definitely a high priority at Butler, which I think has helped me tremendously in job searching/applying to graduate schools.
2. Opportunities: Going to Butler has given me a ton of opportunities I may not have had going to other schools. For example, I will be interning in Washington, D.C. next semester at the Capitol Building in the Senate all thanks to connections made at Butler.
3. Big City Life: Butler is only a 15 minute drive from downtown Indy and a 10 minute drive from Broad Ripple which means things are always exciting and lively and close to so many things happening in the city!
4. Community Atmosphere: One of the unique things about Butler is that it is small enough so that you know most people on campus but large enough where you don’t ever feel lonely. At times, it seems like one big community on campus.
5. Starbucks: Starbucks being right in the middle of campus has gotten me through a ton of long days
until my flex dollars have run out.
6. Relationships: I’ve made so many friends and met so many new people while being at Butler that I wouldn’t trade for the world! Plus, all of the organizations and clubs on campus have led me to even branch out into the city working with people not on campus and trying new things.
7. Blue 3: Self-explanatory. Just watch this video:
8. Butler Basketball (Bonus): The never disappointing basketball team definitely make campus lively and brings out the school spirit in everyone.
Since it’s finals week, everyone has been stressed/studying franticly in every place imaginable on campus. Fortunately I only had final papers/projects so I wasn’t as stressed as many of my peers but I still have to stay on campus since I’m an RA. But, one of the fun things about this time of year is that slowly but surely things start getting empty as the week goes on.
One of the best parts of this is that finding a parking spot gets much easier. It’s also nice not running into everyone and getting a breather. It reminds me of this summer when I was on campus and not many people were around. I also have to start packing/leaving my room as well since I’m going to be living in Washington, D.C. next semester which is exciting!
So for now, I’ll just people watch
So it’s getting to the end of the year which means most of my International residents are leaving soon! It’s sad but also good since winter break is soon! I can’t wait to just be able to relax and not have to worry about any assignments for about two months!
One of the perks of being an RA is that your residents give you their stuff if they leave for the semester! Yesterday I got a cool Dinosaur onesie from my resident Stuart! It’s quite possibly the best thing I’ve ever received.
I’m a dinosaur. So what?
So I’ve been getting really into alternative music lately, probably because of my new hipster lifestyle, and I’ve been discovering all of these new bands and artists because of it. Pandora Radio has also helped with this respect too. Slowly but surely my alternative music selection has been growing in my iTunes library.
One of the bands I’ve discovered are the Arctic Monkeys. They’re a group from the UK but have a lot of American influenced music styles. Their latest album is hip-hop inspired, which I love, and their music makes me twerk. So it’s basically all I’ve ever wanted in a music group.
So this weekend I took the LSAT and have been stressed about it/been studying for it all semester. If I’ve met you, I’ve probably talked to you about it at some point because it has preoccupied most of my time. My residents knew how much I was stressed about it so the night before the test they all wrote funny/encouraging notes from my favorite celebrities saying I’d do well on the test and taped them to my door.
Twas nice waking up to these notes right before I go take my test!
After my test, my best friend Karleen and her friend Patrick got me my favorite box of poptarts and treated me to lunch since I hadn’t eaten all day. I spent the rest of the day hanging out with them and then took a well-deserved nap after not having to be as stressed anymore…. For now at least…..
The troublesome trio. I’ve never seen so much personality in one photo! I’ll ignore Patricks creepy face…
So I’ve been studying for different tests and assignments for the past couple of weeks and I decided to give myself a break today. I had a Spanish presentation today so I thought I deserved a nice little break from all my homework and assignments. So after my last class today, I came back to my room and took a nice long nap. Plus it was snowing outside so I was nice and warm in my bed.
Now, for the past hour or so I’ve been laying in bed, listening to classical music, and drinking tea. Needless to say, I feel classy. I might go to Whole Foods tomorrow and pick up more tea since I’m running low and I’m trying to taper off drinking coffee. Here’s the classical music mix I’ve been listening to in order to relax:
I’m on the Life Skills RA committee and tonight we helped plan and put on a Finals Study Event. We were only expecting 80 people to attend but almost 200 came! And there was, luckily, enough pizza for everyone! There was a panel of RAs who told about their previous finals experiences. It was a really informative event.
Luckily for me, I don’t have any finals this semester but it was still helpful because I can use it on my remaining tests. Also, they gave out free ear plugs and highlighters which are also helpful for studying as well!
Such a great turnout for tonight’s event!
So I post about her enough that I felt like Miley Cyrus deserved her own Music Monday. She has probably been the most talked about celeb of the year and she’s probably my most talked about person in my life as well. I always have to update everyone in my classes on her latest antics and try to mimic them too. Although, I twerked before Miley tried it.
Over Thanksgiving Break, a video cameo out of a guy mimicking Miley’s “Wrecking Ball” music video on Chatroulette and it’s pretty hilarious. It does get creepy at times but that’s what makes it so funny. And if I ever were on Chatroulette I don’t think I’d be able to watch his whole performance but, nonetheless, he found someone to.
Today is another Thanksgiving and before I go downstairs and eat with my family I decided to do a quick blog before I go celebrate. Unfortunately I have homework to do today so I won’t be able to celebrate long but at least it’ll be nice to have some time to relax.
I missed the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade today because I overslept but I’m sure I’ll catch clips online. I always think it’s funny that a lot of people try to skip Thanksgiving and as soon as Halloween ends go right forward to Christmas. To get people in a more Thanksgiving loving mood, here is a funny Thanksgiving video to get you in the mood: