Before break started, I had a schedule of doing at least one assignment a day to get it over with. But of course that hasn’t gone as planned! To counter my lack of enthusiasm towards doing homework, I’m going to go to the library or Starbucks tomorrow to get started! Hopefully I will be able to get most of it done and not get too distracted!
Last night I went to Olive Garden with my friend Angela and her family. It was really nice to catch up and eat some good food! I am boring and just ordered soup and salad while everyone else got the cheesiest/biggest things ever! It was definitely a big contrast.
After dinner, I went home to watch Dancing with the Stars. I’m a huge Kardashian fan so of course I want Rob to win! He got the highest score of the night and his family was telling all of their Twitter followers to vote for him so I think he’ll be able to pull through. I also like his opponents so I won’t be too devastated if he loses. I made sure to vote so he better win!!
Here is Rob’s performance last night that got him a perfect score.
Today is the big day! No, I’m not getting married, I get to go home for Thanksgiving break! That means I get a WHOLE week at home to see my family and friends! After my class today I am going to drive home. Maybe now that I’m home I’ll be able to get the clothes from Topman I want!
Over break I plan to catch up on all the shows I’ve been missing lately, including The X Factor and Two & a Half Men. I just heard yesterday how Ashton Kutcher from Two and a Half Men is getting divorced from Demi Moore. I feel really bad for him since he’s one of my favorite actors. Hopefully he’ll be able to still focus on his acting! Here is the show’s cheesy promo with Ashton:
On The X Factor my favorite contestant is Drew, who is 14 but sings like she is wayy older! Here is a video of her singing in the latest episode:
Since Thanksgiving is next week, I get a break from the Collegian this week. The new issue came out today and my story is on the front page! Our new basketball insert also came out today and it looks very nice! I wrote two women‘s basketball stories for it and I think they turned out really well!
Today is Wednesday which can only mean one thing…..I’LL BE HOME IN LESS THAN 48 HOURS!!! Words cannot express how excited I am for break to almost be here. The first thing I’ll do is probably lay in my bed and sleep and NOT do homework! I’m supposed to be going to Olive Garden with my friend Angela from home which should be exciting.
This song has been stuck in my head for the past two days! The music video is weird and colorful…. which is exactly why I love it! It is called “Lucky Day” by the British singer Nicola Roberts.
Thanksgiving Break is coming up and I have tons of things I want to do but here is my top ten list!
1. Go Black Friday shopping- Last year I got some good deals at Kohls and I plan to do the same too! Maybe this year I’ll go at midnight just to experience the huge crowds!
2. Go see a movie- I’m not sure what movies will be out at that time but I just know I want to see a movie! I hear Thanksgiving is the busiest movie day of the year so I also want to enjoy the crowds then too!
3. Do homework- This isn’t necessarily something I want to do but I know I have to do it since I keep pushing all my projects until then…. So, I might as well make the best of it!
4. EAT- Let’s be honest….. Isn’t this really what Thanksgiving is about!? I’m just going to be so glad to get a home cooked meal for the first time in weeks! I’ll definitely be happy to get a break from Atherton (although I awkwardly like the food there).
5. Spend time with family- It’s pretty self-explanatory but of course I can’t wait to see my family again!!
6. Get a haircut- Usually I get my hair cut every other week but I’ve been prolonging it since I’ll be home Friday to go where I usually get my hair cut! But, let’s just say my hair is currently as long as Kim Kardashian‘s…
7. RELAX- I’m mostly looking forward to doing this for a whole week! I can picture myself in my bed right now……
To get in the Thanksgiving mood, here is a video of people doing the Chicken dance! Though chickens and turkeys aren’t the same thing, a turkey dance doesn’t exist so here’s the next best thing!
Fall break is officially over and went by so fast! I had a great time visiting my friends in Chicago. We all got to catch up and even go shopping! I also got to spend some quality time with my family. My favorite part of break was definitely watching movies with my family.
But now that break is over, I have to get back to doing work! In my Converged Journalism course, I have to schedule interviews and talk to Indianapolis Public Schools officials about issues facing the schools. It is a very fun assignment that allows me to meet new and important people like the superintendent of IPS and the state schools superintendent.
Though these things are very important, I would say the most important thing that transpired this past week was my watching of the Kim Kardashian wedding. For those who don’t know Kim, let’s just say she is America’s response to Kate Middleton. Though I like Kim, I was disappointed in the special. The wedding special was a two night/two hour event but the actual wedding ceremony was only 8 minutes! But, it was still worth watching all the drama that ensued.
This is the preview for the upcoming season of the newest Kardashian show.
Though I am on fall break, I feel like I have so many things I need/want to do! I have two media projects to do, I have to contact sources for stories I have to write, and I have to study for some of my upcoming mid-terms. So, I decided to make a list of all the things students should do to unwind with their families if they are feeling stressed over break like I am!
1. Ride your bike on a cool fall day- This is a great way to enjoy the nature all around and truly relax during your time off.
2. Watch a funny movie with your family- Last night my family watched “Baby Mama” starring Tina Fey and Amy Poehler and it was very funny and definitely brought our family closer!
3. Cook- This one probably does not apply to me because I have the cooking skills of a dolphin but this may also be a way to enjoy your break with your family!
4. Do Homework every day- This may sound like the one thing you would NOT want to do but I’ve come to find that doing a little homework every day is extremely beneficial. I always try to do at least one or two assignments a day just so I won’t be stressed Sunday night trying to do them all.
5. Read a book- Nothing is better can cozying up under a warm blanket while reading a book! Or it does not even have to be a book. This morning when I woke up I read the newspaper. Not only did I feel relaxed but I also learned something from it too! For example, did you know about these ways to save at Starbucks?
6. Dance like no one is watching- I have a theory that everyone has their own little dancing spirit inside of them. Doing this not only gets my mind off of all the things I have to do but it also makes for great exercise. All you need is some good tunes!
7. Hang out with friends- Fall break is the first time I can see most of my high school friends. This weekend I plan to visit some of my friends at Loyola University.
Don’t ask why but this song makes me think of fall! And of course, I dance to it and sing along each time I hear it.
I am officially on fall break and I am loving it! It is so wonderful being back at home and I got my first home cooked meal in months!
The drive home was not too bad. I’ve been listening to Jessie J a lot and listened to her album on my way home. The best part about driving home was that there were a lot of other Butler students going home on the highway too. We could each tell we were from Butler because of our parking passes on our cars. It definitely made way for a lot of awkward quick glances!
This week, I’ve also been working on Butler’s student newspaper, The Collegian. I wrote about President Jim Danko’s upcoming inauguration and the events that will take place for it. The inauguration theme is “Imagine the Possibilities,” which definitely gives me high hopes as to what is planned for this year! It was fun writing my story because I got to talk to different students and the chair of the inauguration committee!
I found this video of fellow blogger Olivia on YouTube and wanted to share!! It’s so funny and depicts her perfectly!
Well, fall break isn’t here quite yet but it’ll officially be here after my class on Wednesday! I’m so excited to be able to go home and not do any work! I have so many things planned! I want to go to Chicago with my friends from home, eat Chipotle, and visit my friends at Loyola University. Hopefully I have enough time to do it all! I also have some projects for school to do too! Needless to say, I’ll probably still end up being stressed over break too.
This past weekend also marked my fourth consecutive weekend of going shopping at the mall which may mean one of two things. 1. I’ve been catching some really good deals or 2. I have a shopping problem….. I think I’m leaning toward number 1! My new favorite store to hit up is Banana Republic. They even have a Mad Men clothing collection so now I can dress like the cast from the show! I’m a new Mad Men fan so this is very exciting.
I thought I’d lighten the mood with a Mad Men inspired Sesame Street skit
Usually I’m happy when it is Friday but today it is bittersweet because it means that the end of Spring Break is approaching. But, it will be fun to get back to Butler and back to my weekly classes. I’m saying this now but I’m sure I’ll regret it once the homework starts piling on!!
In other news….. There is a song/video that is blowing up big on iTunes and Youtube that I thought I’d share. It’s called “Friday” (how appropriate) and I must say it is terrible and entertaining at the same time! There was even a Yahoo story on how bad it is.
But since it’s so bad, it makes the song kind of good! As of right now it has 17 million views on Youtube which is a big jump from having 9 million yesterday. I guess it is from all the media exposure. The girl who sings it was on Good Morning America this morning so that had to help.
Here it is in all its awkward glory!
So it’s taking me a long time to process that break is almost over. With that being said, I’m cherishing every single minute I’m off. But, I’m having a hard time doing that with all the homework I have!
Since I have homework in five of my classes, I created the clever but simple plan of doing one assignment a day and I am pleased to say that I only have one left! Yesterday I worked on my art project where we had to make a collage of a self portrait of ourselves, with close attention to color and only using magazine cutouts. It took me a couple of hours but I am pleased with what I did!
Also, I was watching the news today and saw that the basketball team won today! Congrats and hopefully you guys take the tournament this year!
Random Photo of the Day:
My finished project! It's hard to see but I seriously cut out hundreds of tiny strips of paper to make it