Today is another Thanksgiving and before I go downstairs and eat with my family I decided to do a quick blog before I go celebrate. Unfortunately I have homework to do today so I won’t be able to celebrate long but at least it’ll be nice to have some time to relax.
I missed the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade today because I overslept but I’m sure I’ll catch clips online. I always think it’s funny that a lot of people try to skip Thanksgiving and as soon as Halloween ends go right forward to Christmas. To get people in a more Thanksgiving loving mood, here is a funny Thanksgiving video to get you in the mood:
Since I’ve had a lack of substantial finals to do this week but still have to be here because I’m an RA, my sleeping patterns have been out of whack and I’ve been sleeping a lot during the day and wide awake at night. Not even coffee and Red Bull have been able to keep me up during the day but I’ve been slowly managing. I guess my days of being an early bird are slowly being left behind.
I only have to be here two more days so that’s pretty exciting. It has been so fun seeing campus getting emptier and emptier as the days go on. I cannot wait to see how quiet things are on Saturday night! And it’ll be extremely strange seeing the parking lot empty on Sunday.
I just woke up from a nap and thought it appropriately described me.
Even though I spent a couple days relaxing and doing nothing this break, most of my time was spent doing homework, completing assignments, and working on projects. Today I decided to go to this strange place called the public library and work on my research literature review. I periodically did my homework one course a day during the break so it was a relief to finally get the ball rolling on this last assignment before going back to Butler tomorrow.
With Lana Del Rey on shuffle, I was ready to go! I got through planning my paper and finding all the sources and sites I need to get going. I got a couple pages done but I still have a lot more to go. Hopefully I can get it done by the end of the week.
Getting antsy in the library
So the last episode of American Horror Story was a couple days ago and it was such a good episode! Not only was the season’s big killer revealed, more information about the woman who claimed to be Anne Frank was given.
The last episode was entitled “I Am Anne Frank Part 2″ and began with a man who claimed to be the woman’s husband and said their baby drove the woman crazy to being obsessed with Anne Frank and claiming to be her. Eventually she is released from the insane asylum but is brought back after her husband asks for treatment so she’ll stop being crazy. The episode ends with the woman getting a lobotomy and acts really robotic at the end of the episode.
The only other storyline that was slightly interesting was the identity of the serial killer, Bloody Face, that ravaged the whole town. It ended up being Dr. Thredson, portrayed by Zachary Quinto, which shocked me because I was not expecting him. It turns out that he kills people and takes their skin to make furniture! Kind of kooky, but admirable nonetheless.
It was an overall interesting episode but I hope there are more future revelations about Sister Jude, the nun that runs the asylum, because she is my favorite character! Here is a video explaining the characters:
Spring Break is two weeks away and I couldn’t be more excited. No, I’m not going anywhere fancy like Florida or Mexico, but I’m just excited to catch up on some good sleep and not have to do assignments. Maybe I’ll even read a book! The only sad part is that it only lasts a week. And if the weather stays the same, it’ll probably be cold too. But the good outweighs the bad!
To celebrate the glorious occasion, the Collegian is planning a Spring Break insert and I was assigned to write a playlist of songs needed to have a good break. I also had to pick five books that are must haves for the week, too. It was so hard picking just five songs since there are so many good ones, but I managed to survive.
But, if this song isn’t on your Spring Break playlist, you just won’t have a good time!
I can’t believe break is officially over and classes start tomorrow! It’s so weird being back on campus after such a long time off! I already have assignments so I guess I’ll get back into the swing of things quick! Before the semester starts, I decided to make a list of things I’m looking forward to this semester!
1. No Friday Classes- Somehow I got lucky and was able to schedule myself where I don’t have classes on Fridays! Which means I get a three day weekend EVERY week! Usually the days that are freer for me somehow end up being my busiest because of newspaper and such but I am determined to not let that happen this semester!
2. Newspaper- This semester I’m on the Sports section on the Collegian. This means I’ll now have a good reason to go to basketball games instead of doing homework or other club activities! I’m also excited to meet all the new staff members tonight at our first meeting!
3. Classes- Though I am not looking forward to all the homework and assignments, I am looking forward to seeing all my new professors and classmates. Hopefully it’ll be a fun semester and not too hard!
4. Atherton Union- The administration renovated the setup of Atherton Union and I’m curious to see how it looks! Maybe now my lunch and dinner will be a little more exiting!
The thing I missed the most during break: My comfy bed!!!
I was initially excited that winter break was ending and that it hadn’t snowed a lot. But of course, when I woke up this morning, it was snowing very hard. It never stopped and now there are about a couple inches on the ground.
Since it snowed so much, I was forced to take the job of shoveling it. It was the closest I came to working out ALL break! It also took me a long time too! Let’s just say I almost finished the whole Amy Winehouse album while doing so. And let me tell ya, it’s a longgggg album!
But all the shoveling was worth it because it means I can now relax for the new episode of Jersey Shore tonight! The preview for the episode looked really boring, with the biggest “drama” being that Pauly couldn’t find his gold chain. THE HORROR! On the bright side, since my expectations are so low maybe it’ll end up being enjoyable! All I need is for Snooki to do something crazy!
Here I am expressing my disapproval of the snow after shoveling!
Yesterday, I got to catch up with my friend Jessica from high school. First we went to a local Middle Eastern restaurant called Aladdin Pita but got there awkwardly early. There was no one there so we then decided to go to Starbucks until the restaurant got more crowded so we wouldn’t be the only ones there! It was fun catching up with each other and hearing the latest gossip!
When we got back to the restaurant, it was more lively and had a great time. I ordered some vegetarian shish kabobs which were very tasty! After we were done eating, we said our goodbyes and I rushed home to watch the season premiere of the show The Game that my friend Hayley is forcing me to watch. I actually quite enjoyed it so I might be a weekly viewer!
But I cannot forget that tomorrow is Jersey Day!
Here is a video of your average, typical American enjoying an NYC shish kabob dog. YUMMO
Happy New Year! 2011 went by so fast and I thoroughly enjoyed it! For New Year’s Eve I boringly stayed at home and watched Ryan Seacrest ring in the New Year. Sadly New York is an hour ahead of where I live so I awkwardly had to wait another hour until I could officially bring in 2012! The Mayans said this will be the last year ever but I have so much I want to do so hopefully they were wrong!
I sadly already broke one of my resolutions. As the clock ticked away, I was biting my nails fervently and totally forgot about my resolution! But as of now, I am officially 3 hours clean of doing it! I’ll get back on track tomorrow, I promise!
On New Year’s Day, after eating with my family, I watched a marathon of Jersey Shore on MTV. Every day for the past week MTV has been showing Jersey Shore almost nonstop in anticipation for the new season premiere on Thursday! I’m pretty excited since there’s supposed to be tons of drama and fun! As part of my Jersey Shore viewing ritual, I plan on going to buy pickles at the grocery store in hopes of being like Snooki, who happens to be obsessed with pickles.
Here is Snooki at her finest taking Anderson Cooper tanning.
The New Year is almost here, which means that the New Year’s Resolutions are about to begin. So I thought it would be fun to share mine for the upcoming year!
1. Stop biting my nails- I make this resolution every year and always forget and fail but this year I am determined to stop! I usually do it when I’m antsy and excited but I am for sure going to stop in the new year.
2. STOP procrastinating- I am usually good about getting all of my assignments done in a timely manner but believe me, there are times when my assignments get done the night before. Hopefully I’ll stop that bad habit and get all my stuff done as soon as I get it!
3. Slow down my shopping addiction- Since I’ve discovered the new world of online shopping, my spending has been on the rise! So now I’m determined to start saving more money and only buying the necessities. This is the one resolution I’m looking forward to the most!
4. Watch Seasons 4 and 5 of Mad Men- This isn’t really crucial but I got Season 4 of Mad Men on DVD for Christmas and haven’t gotten the chance to watch it yet so I’m looking forward to it! And the new season of Mad Men starts this year so I can also look forward to that too. Hey, who said resolutions couldn’t be fun too?!
To get you in the New Year’s mood, here’s the Final Countdown