Though I am on fall break, I feel like I have so many things I need/want to do! I have two media projects to do, I have to contact sources for stories I have to write, and I have to study for some of my upcoming mid-terms. So, I decided to make a list of all the things students should do to unwind with their families if they are feeling stressed over break like I am!
1. Ride your bike on a cool fall day- This is a great way to enjoy the nature all around and truly relax during your time off.
2. Watch a funny movie with your family- Last night my family watched “Baby Mama” starring Tina Fey and Amy Poehler and it was very funny and definitely brought our family closer!
3. Cook- This one probably does not apply to me because I have the cooking skills of a dolphin but this may also be a way to enjoy your break with your family!
4. Do Homework every day- This may sound like the one thing you would NOT want to do but I’ve come to find that doing a little homework every day is extremely beneficial. I always try to do at least one or two assignments a day just so I won’t be stressed Sunday night trying to do them all.
5. Read a book- Nothing is better can cozying up under a warm blanket while reading a book! Or it does not even have to be a book. This morning when I woke up I read the newspaper. Not only did I feel relaxed but I also learned something from it too! For example, did you know about these ways to save at Starbucks?
6. Dance like no one is watching- I have a theory that everyone has their own little dancing spirit inside of them. Doing this not only gets my mind off of all the things I have to do but it also makes for great exercise. All you need is some good tunes!
7. Hang out with friends- Fall break is the first time I can see most of my high school friends. This weekend I plan to visit some of my friends at Loyola University.
Don’t ask why but this song makes me think of fall! And of course, I dance to it and sing along each time I hear it.