Checklist & What to Bring
Prior to arriving at New Student Registration, there are several things you need to complete. Thoroughly read this New Student Registration website and share this information with your parents. This site will contain the most up-to-date information available.
Priority Action Items
- Read all the information included on this website and share it with your parents. This site contains the most up-to-date information available.
- View the Admitted Student Quick Start video
to learn how to reset your password and how to access these
important Butler accounts:
- Log into your BUMail email account and set up preferences. Check this email account regularly as it is now Butler's primary means of communicating with you. Over the summer, Welcome Week and orientation information will be sent directly to this account.
- Log in and review your My.Butler To Do list for placement exam requirements.
- Read the Placement Exam website thoroughly and take all required placement exams using Moodle by the due date.
Important Action Items
- Prepare for your academic advising appointment by reading the Core Curriculum information from your packet and review this advising website.
- Complete the Admitted Student Evaluation from your packet (if you haven't already submitted it online).
Additional Action Items
- You will receive access to the online housing contract and an instructional pamphlet, Butler Bound, via mail from Residence Life. Housing contracts must be submitted prior to New Student Registration.
- Health records and insurance information are submitted online via a secure portals beginning May 15. Health Services staff will also be available during the Everything You Need Fair if you have any questions.
What to Bring
To be prepared for the day, it is recommended that students bring the following:
- A pen and notebook for taking notes during college meetings and the advising appointments
- A list of departments and programs to visit during the Everything You Need Fair
- Core Curriculum pamphlet (from the New Student Registration packet)
- A list of potential course options to discuss with your academic advisor (Core, major-specific, and electives)
- Completed Admitted Student Evaluation (if you haven't already submitted it online)
- Students will receive a copy of the Fall 2014 First-Year Course Recommendations booklet upon arrival.