- Send in your enrollment deposit and enrollment form
- A $300 enrollment deposit and enrollment form must be postmarked on or before May 1 to guarantee your place at Butler University. Payment should be made to the Office of Admission, along with the enrollment form. Deposits made prior to May 1 are refundable with written request until that date. After May 1, deposits are non-refundable.
- On your enrollment form, please be sure the major indicated on the enrollment form is correct. If it has changed, note your new area of interest. Please also rank your choices for registration dates. The Office of Admission will send you additional information with your date confirmation.
- It is necessary to submit your enrollment deposit before registering for classes.
- Come and see us
- We have special events for admitted students and families that we hope you'll attend
- You can also sign up for an individual campus visit or our True Blue program
- Consider your housing options
- Your housing information and contract will be sent separately once your enrollment deposit has been received.
- Residence hall choices: First-year men live in Ross Hall; first-year women may select either Ross Hall (co-ed) or Schwitzer Hall (all women). Transfer and international students have additional options.
- Preferences: Roommate matches are made based on personal preferences students select on the housing contract (including things like, "Are you an early riser or a night owl?" "Do you study to music or in complete silence?") Housing and roommate assignments will be mailed in July.
- Registering for classes
- You'll choose your registration day when you submit your enrollment form. Registering early allows you to meet with an academic advisor to discuss course options and schedule, meet classmates in a small group setting and get your college photo ID.
- Parents are encouraged to attend registration to meet representatives from different campus offices and become more familiar with Butler University.
- JFCA majors: Auditions should be completed prior to scheduling a registration session for proper advising and placement.
- Send in your transcript
- Arrange to have all of your final academic transcripts sent to the Office of Admission at the end of the school year with your date of graduation posted. For Indiana high school students, we also need your diploma type posted.
- If you are taking AP exams, have your scores sent to Butler University.
January 30 - April 12
Monday - Thursday
(Excluding March 12 - 15)
A one-day program for admitted students that gives you the opportunity to experience what a typical class day is like as a Butler student.
Register for True Blue
Butler Bound: Academic Visit Days
Friday, February 10 - Biological Sciences Day
Friday, February 10 - Chemistry Day
Monday, February 20 - College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Day
Friday, March 2 - College of Communication Day
Friday, March 2 - College of Education Day
March 5 - Jordan College of Fine Arts Day
These days will allow you to further explore your academic interest and meet current students, as well as, professors and alumni. Optional campus tours will also be offered.
Register for a Butler Bound event
Students admitted for Fall 2012 may schedule an individual appointment with an admission counselor and tour campus.
Register for an Individual Visit