Congratulations and welcome to the Butler family! Here you'll find all the information you need to enroll as a first-year, transfer, or international student.
- Submit Deposit and Select Date for New Student
- A refundable* $300 enrollment deposit and enrollment form must be submitted on or before May 1 to guarantee your place at Butler University. (*Deposit is refundable with written request before May 1.)
- To deposit:
1. Log on to your student status page and view your admission decision.2. If you haven't done so already, click "Reply to Offer of Admission" under the "Forms" section. Complete the form and click "Submit."3. This will take you back to your main status page. Click "Submit Payment for $300.00." Complete the form and click "Submit."4. Confirm your major on the main status page. If this has changed, contact the Office of Admission.5. Next, click "New Student Registration Date Selection" under the "Forms" section on your main status page. Complete the form and click "Submit."6. The Office of Admission will email you additional information with your date confirmation.
- Enrollment deposits made prior to May 1 are completely refundable with a written request. After May 1, deposits are non-refundable. On the deposit payment page, you will notice static terms and conditions stating that all transactions are non-refundable. We will absolutely provide refunds with written request until May 1.
- It is necessary to submit your enrollment deposit before registering for classes.
- Visit Campus
- We have special events for admitted students and families that we hope you'll attend. Log onto your student status page to register for these events.
- Housing Options
- Your housing information and contract will be sent once your enrollment deposit has been received.
- Residence hall choices: First-year men live in Ross Hall; first-year women may select either Ross Hall (co-ed) or Schwitzer Hall (all women). Transfer and international students have additional options.
- Preferences: Roommate matches are made based on personal preferences students select on the housing contract (including things like, "Are you an early riser or a night owl?" "Do you study to music or in complete silence?") Housing and roommate assignments will be mailed in July.
- Registering for Classes
- You'll choose your New Student Registration day when you submit your enrollment form. Registering early allows you to meet with an academic advisor to discuss course options and schedule, meet classmates in a small group setting and get your college photo ID.
- Parents are encouraged to attend registration to meet representatives from different campus offices and become more familiar with Butler University.
- JCA majors: Auditions should be completed prior to scheduling a registration session for proper advising and placement.
- Send in Final Transcript
- Arrange to have all of your final academic transcripts sent to the Office of Admission at the end of the school year with your date of graduation posted. For Indiana high school students, we also need your diploma type posted.
- If you are taking AP exams, have your scores sent to Butler University. View the Core Curriculum Exemptions with AP Equivalencies list for additional information.