Areas of Expertise
- Children & adolescent development
- Career counseling
- Standards-based assessment
- Conflict peer mediation
Contributions: (published works or studies, conference presentations)
- Research & publications in area of teaching background vs. non-teaching background for school counselors, standards and competency.
- Presentations in areas of technology for school counselors
- Solution-focused counseling
- Counseling interns involvement in community grief counseling.
Butler Assignment (classes or work duties)
Courses in Master's in School Counseling Program
BA, MA, and Ed.D from University of Northern Iowa
Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- National Certified Counselor
- National Certified School Counselor
- Approved Clinical Supervisor
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Exemplary Counselor Educator Award
- College of Education Guyer Chair Award
- Past President of the Indiana School Counselors Association
- Formerly on the Board of Directors for the National Board of Certified Counselors
- Indiana School Counselor Association Research Award
- American Counselor Education and Supervision Research Award
Association Memberships (professional/educational)
- American Counselor Association
- American School Counselor Association
- American Counselor Education and Supervision Association
- Indiana Counselor Association
- Indiana School Counselor Association
- Public School Teacher/Counselor- 10 yrs.
- Univ Of Northern Iowa- 10 yrs.
- Butler Univ- 15 yrs.