Areas of Expertise
Management Accounting and Accounting Information Systems
Contributions: (published works or studies, conference presentations)
- Mahenthiran, S. & R. Kershaw. 2001. The Effects of Incentive Schemes and Audits on Managers’ Transfer Pricing Negotiations. Advances in Behavioral Research in Accounting, 4 (Spring) pp. 303-331.
- Mahenthiran, S. & P. Rouse. 2000. The Impact of Group Selection on Student Performance and Satisfaction. International Journal of Education Management, (Winter) pp. 255-264.
- Mahenthiran, S. & B. Marshall. 2000. The Impact of Electronic Commerce on Processes and Information Systems of a Hotel Chain. Journal of Contemporary Business Issues, 8 (Spring) pp. 49-64.
- Mahenthiran, S., M. D’Itri, & R. Donn. 1999. The Role of Organizational Reality in Implementing Technology – A Field Study. Information Systems Management, (Spring) pp. 46-57.
- Mahenthiran, S., & B. Marshall. 1998. Implementing Activity-Based Costing and its Implications for a Service firm in the Timeshare Exchange Industry. Advances in Management Accounting, 7 pp. 65-87.
- Kershaw, R. & S. Mahenthiran. 1998. A Taxonomy of Business Process Change and The Role of Management Accountants. Journal of Cost Management, 2 (March/April) pp. 31-38.
- Greenberg, P. S., R. H. Greenberg, & S. Mahenthiran. 1994. The Impact of Control Policies on the Process and Outcomes of Negotiated Transfer Pricing. Journal of Management Accounting Research, 6 (fall), pp. 93-127.
- Mahenthiran, S., P. S. Greenberg, & R. H. Greenberg. 1993. The Impact of Computer Mediated Communication on the Processes and Outcomes of Negotiated Transfer Pricing. Accounting Management and Information Technologies, 3(4), pp. 229-248.
Butler Assignment (classes or work duties)
Teach Graduate and Undergraduate classes in the area of Management Accounting and Information Systems.
Traveling, Movies, and Reading
- Ph.D. - Temple University, 1991
- MBA - Temple University, 1989
Fellow, The Chartered Association Of Certified Accountants – UK. Associate, The Chartered Association Of Management Accountants - UK.
Fulbright Scholar - 2002/03
Worked in an Accounting Capacity in Sri Lanka, UK, Zambia, and USA