Areas of Expertise
Microeconomics; Public Sector Economics; Environmental Economics
Contributions: (published works or studies, conference presentations)
- Robert S. Main. "Subsidizing Non-Polluting Goods vs. Taxing Polluting Goods for Pollution Reduction." Atlantic
Economic Journal, Vol.41, no. 4. December, 2013, pp. 349-362.
- Robert S. Main and Peter Z. Grossman. "Optimal Enforcement of Uniform Pollution Standards When Marginal Pollution Damage Costs Differ Among Firms-The EPA's New CAFO Rules." Journal of the Indiana Academy of the Social Sciences, Vol. 14 (2010-2011).
- Robert S. Main. "Simple Pigovian Taxes vs. Emission Fees to Control Negative Externalities: A Pedagogical Note." The American Economist, Vol. 55, no 2 (Fall, 2010), pp. 104-110.
- William K. Templeton, Robert S. Main, and J.B. Orris. “An Investigation of Adjustable-rate Mortgage Pricing Features.” Financial Services Review, Vol. 11, no. 4 (Winter, 2002), pp. 367-379.
- J. Patrick Meister and Robert S. Main. "A Rationale for Meeting Quotas Asymmetrically." The Atlantic Economic Journal, Vol. 30, no. 4 (December, 2002), pp. 380-384.
- William K. Templeton, Robert S. Main, and J.B. Orris. “A Simulation Approach to the Choice Between Fixed and Adjustable Rate Mortgages.” Financial Services Review, Vol. 5, no. 2 (1996), pp. 101-117.
- Robert S. Main and William K. Templeton. "NCAA Regulation of Non-Revenue Sports: Implications of a General Cartel Model." Midwestern Journal of Business and Economics, Spring, 1994.
- Robert S. Main. "Socially Efficient Control of Carcinogen Emissions from Open Top Vapor Cleaners in Indiana." 1992 Indiana Academy of the Social Sciences Proceedings.
Butler Assignment (classes or work duties)
- Teaching undergraduate and pre-MBA economics courses.
- Research in economics.
- A.B. Wabash College, 1966
- Ph.D. UCLA, 1973
Association Memberships (professional/educational)
- American Economic Association
- Academy of Financial Services
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Omicron Delta Epsilon
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Assistant Professor of Economics, California State University, Hayward, 1971-1976
- Associate Professor of Economics, California State University, Hayward, 1976-1981
- Visiting Professor of Economics, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, 1990-1991.
- Lingnan Visiting Scholar, Lingnan University, Hong Kong, January 2005-June 2005.