Contributions: (published works or studies, conference presentations)
- Land Restitution, Traditional Leadership, and Belonging: Defining Barokologadi Identity. Journal of Modern African Studies 51(3): 507-531, 2013.
- With David K. Leonard, Jennifer Brass, Michael Nelson, Sophal Ear, Dan Fahey, Tasha Fairfield, Martha Johnson Gning, Michael Halderman, Brendan McSherry, Devra Coren Moehler, Wilson Prichard, Tuong Vu, and Jeroen Dijkman. Does Patronage Still Drive Politics for the Rural Poor in the Developing World? A Comparative Perspective from the Livestock Sector. Development and Change 41(3):475-494, 2010.
- Communities, Wildlife Conservation, and Tourism-based Development: Can Community-based Nature Tourism Live Up to Its Promise? Journal of International Wildlife Law and Policy 7: 161-182, 2004. Co-published in the University of California International and Area Studies Digital Collection, 5, 2006.
- Livestock, Liberalization, and Democracy: Constraints and Opportunities for Rural Livestock Producers in Reforming Uganda. Pro-poor Livestock Policy Initiative Working Paper No. 29. Rome: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2005.
- Livestock Production and the Rural Poor in Andhra Pradesh and Orissa States, India. Pro-poor Livestock Policy Initiative Working Paper No. 9. Rome: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2004.
- with Diana Pei Wu. Environmental Justice and Environmental Racism: An Annotated Bibliography and General Overview, Focusing on U.S. Literature, 1996-2002. Berkeley, CA: Berkeley Workshop on Environmental Politics, Institute of International Studies, University of California, Berkeley, 2002.
Butler Assignment (classes or work duties)
- Assistant Professor of Political Science
- Gender, Women's, and Sexuality Studies Program Affiliate
- International Studies Program Affiliate
- Peace and Conflict Studies Program Affiliate
- Science, Technology and Society Program Affiliate