Areas of Expertise
- International Business
- International Joint Ventures
- China/East Asia Business Environment
- Latin America
Contributions: (published works or studies, conference presentations)
- Florenthal, Bela and Gregory Osland, (2009), “High- Versus Low-Context National Cultures: Preferences for Type of Retailer and for Human Interaction,” Indian Journal of Economics & Business, Special Issue, 97-109.
- Osland, Gregory, (2007), “Ecotourism in Latin America: Four Types of Birding Tours,” Indiana Audubon Quarterly, 85(May), 354-362.
- Aiken, Damon, Robert Mackoy, Ben Liu, Richard Fetter and Gregory Osland, (2007), “Dimensions of Internet Commerce Trust,” Journal of Internet Commerce, 6:4, 1-25.
- Osland, Gregory and Robert Mackoy, (2004), “Ecolodge Performance Goals and Evaluations,” Journal of Ecotourism, 3:2, 109-128.
- Mackoy, Robert and Gregory Osland, (2004), “Lodge Selection and Satisfaction: Attributes Valued by Ecotourists,” Journal of Tourism Studies, 15:2, 23-38
- Aiken, Damon, Ben Liu, Robert Mackoy, and Gregory Osland (2004), “Building Internet Trust: Signaling through Trustmarks,” International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising, 1:3, 251-267.
- Osland, Gregory E., Charles R. Taylor, and Shaoming Zou (2001), “Selecting International Modes of Entry and Expansion,” Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 19:3, 153-161.
- Taylor, Charles R., Shaoming Zou, and Gregory E. Osland, (2000), “Foreign Market Entry Strategies of Japanese MNCs,” International Marketing Review, 17:2, 146-163.
- Osland, Gregory E. and S. Tamer Cavusgil, (1998), "The Use of Multiple-Party Perspectives in International Joint Venture Research," Management International Review, 38:3, 191-202.
- Taylor, Charles R., Shaoming Zou and Gregory E. Osland, 1998,"International Entry Mode Choice by U.S. and Japanese MNCs: A Cross-cultural Assessment of the Transaction Cost Analysis Framework," Thunderbird International Business Review, 40:4, 359-412.
- Zou, Shaoming, Charles R. Taylor, and Gregory E. Osland, (1998), "The EXPERF Scale: A Cross-National Generalized Export Performance Measure,” Journal of International Marketing, 6:3, 37-58.
- Bjorkman, Ingmar and Gregory E. Osland, (1998), "Multinationals in China: Responding to Host Government Pressures,” Long Range Planning, 31:3, 436-445.
- Osland, Gregory E. and Ingmar Bjorkman, (1998), "MNC - Host Government Interaction: Government Pressures on MNCs in China," European Management Journal,16(1), 91-99.
- Osland, Gregory E. and S. Tamer Cavusgil (1996), "Performance Issues in U.S.-China Joint Ventures," California Management Review, 38(2), 106-130.
- OTHER REFEREED PUBLICATIONS
- Aiken, Damon, Gregory Osland, Ben Liu, and Robert Mackoy, (2003), “Developing Internet Consumer Trust: Exploring Trustmarks as Third-Party Signals, American Marketing Association Winter Educators Conference Proceedings: Marketing Theory and Applications, Vol. 14, Orlando, FL, 145-146.
- Skinner, Deborah, Robert Mackoy, and Gregory Osland, (2000), “Does Need for Cognition Moderate the Effects of Humor on in Advertising or What Does It Take to Get the Message?,” American Marketing Association Summer Educators’ Conference Proceedings: Enhancing Knowledge Development in Marketing, Vol. 11, Chicago, IL, 139-140.
- OTHER INTELLECTUAL CONTRIBUTIONS-Osland, Gregory, Robert Mackoy, and Daniel McQuiston, (2003), “EcoParaiso,” Indiana University CIBER Case Collection, European Case Clearing House; USA Distributor: Babson University, Wellesley, MA.
- McQuiston, Daniel, Robert Mackoy, Gregory Osland, (2003), “Teaching Note for Eco Paraiso,” Indiana University Case Collection, European Case Clearing House; USA Distributor: Babson University, Wellesley, MA.
Butler Assignment (classes or work duties)
- Teach Introduction to Marketing Management
- International Marketing
- MG320W International Business Environment
- Contemporary Business Issues in East Asia
- Marketing Management
- International Marketing
- Frontiers in Latin America (Global & Historical Studies)
Birding, cycling, habitat restoration, world travel
- Ph.D Marketing, International Business, Michigan State University
- MBA Marketing, University of Colorado - Boulder
- B.S. Biology, Iowa State University
- CBA Researcher of the Year (2005)
- Butler Academic Grant from Holcomb Research Institute (2003)
- U.S. Department of Education GLOBE Research Grants (2001-2002, 2003, 2004, 2005)
- Butler University Student Government Association “Apple” Teaching Awards (2001, 2008)
- Best Article of the Year, Journal of International Marketing (1999)
- Butler Academic Grant from Holcomb Research Institute (1995).- Faculty Research Grant from Holcomb Research Institute (1994)
- Honored as a Michigan State University Marketing Department"Outstanding Teacher" (1993)
- Graduated cum laude from Iowa State University Honors' Program (1974).
Association Memberships (professional/educational)
- Academy of International Business
- American Marketing Association
- Marketing Consultant/Executive Educator
- Instructor, Michigan State University
- Executive Trainer, Management Technologies International
- Instructor, University of Minnesota
- Area Director, The Navigators